Oral Pre-Surgical Instructions
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing including a short-sleeved shirt.
- Please do not wear contact lenses, makeup, jewellery, perfume, or cologne.
- Please remove all nail polish and artificial nails (if possible) prior to surgery.
- For morning surgeries: you may not have anything to eat or drink, including water, after midnight the night before your appointment. Do not eat a meal right before midnight.
- For afternoon surgeries after 1:00pm: you may not have anything to eat or drink including water, past 7:00, am. Prior to 7:00 am, you may have 2 slices of dry toast and some water, clear juice, black coffee or tea before your cut-off time. No dairy products at all or breakfast substitutions. If you eat something other than dry toast your surgery may be cancelled for your safety. If your surgery is cancelled due to non-compliance you will be charged $360.00.
- Please do not drink alcohol within 24 hours before your surgery. Do not use recreational drugs within 72 hours of your surgery.
- It is absolutely necessary that you have a responsible adult with you to escort you home even if you go home in a taxi. You must have a responsible adult stay with you for the remainder of the day.
- Do not plan to participate in any activities, make any important decisions or operate a motor vehicle following your surgical appointment.
- Arrange in advance for 3 – 5 days of recovery time.
- Please remember to bring your health card or driver’s license for prescription purposes.
- Our office requires 2 business days notice for any surgical cancellations. A $360.00 fee will be incurred for short notice cancellations.
- Please visit our website and watch the following videos to help prepare you for your surgery:
– Surgical Walk Through
– Post-Operative/Home Care Instructions
– Post Operative Pain Management
Full payment for treatment is collected on the day of the surgery via Mastercard, Visa, Debit, and cash. No cheques or AMEX are accepted. If you have concerns regarding full payment, please speak to us in advance of your surgical appointment.
Please note: we do offer electronic filing of your dental claim, if you have insurance. Your insurance company will reimburse you. We do not accept payment directly from insurance companies in the majority of situations.
To view and print a PDF copy of the information above, please click on Oral Surgery Instructions.