Oral Pre-Surgical Instructions
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing including a short-sleeved shirt.
- Please do not wear contact lenses, makeup, jewellery, perfume, or cologne.
- If your surgery is booked in the morning, you may not have anything to eat or drink, including water, after midnight the night before your appointment. Do not eat a meal right before midnight.
- If your surgery is booked from 1:00 pm onward, you may not have anything to eat or drink including water, past 7:00, am. Prior to 7:00 am, you may have 2 slices of dry toast and some water, clear juice, black coffee or tea before your cut off time. No dairy products at all or breakfast substitutions. If you eat something other than toast your surgery may be cancelled for your safety. If your surgery is cancelled due to non-compliance you will be charged $360.00.
- Please do not drink alcohol within the 24 hours before your surgery. Do not use recreational drugs within 72 hours of your surgery.
- It is absolutely necessary that you have a responsible adult with you to escort you home even if you go home in a taxi. You must have a responsible adult stay with you for the remainder of the day.
- Do not plan to participate in any activities, make any important decisions or operate a motor vehicle following your surgical appointment.
- Arrange in advance for 3 or 4 days of recovery time.
- Please remember to bring your health card or driver’s license for prescription purposes.
- Our office requires 2 business days notice for any surgical cancellations. A $360.00 fee will be incurred for short notice cancellations.
- Please visit our website and watch the following videos to help prepare you for your surgery:
– Surgical Walk Through
– Post-Operative/Home Care Instructions
– Post Operative Pain Management
Full payment for treatment is collected on the day of the surgery. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Debit, and cash. No cheques or AMEX are accepted. If you have concerns regarding payment, please speak to us in advance of your surgical appointment.
If you have dental insurance, we offer electronic filing of your claim form to the insurance companies that feature this option.
Please note: we are a non-assignment office, as we do not accept payment directly from the insurance companies in the majority of situations.
To view and print a PDF copy of the information above, please click on Oral Surgery Instructions.